Each year the Miss Nepal US pageant is known for adapting and bringing awareness regarding socio-cultural agendas
II. Application & Criteria
All Nepalese women, age between 19-29 who are residing in USA can participant in 6th Miss Nepal US 2018 event.
Applications are now open and interested ones can apply electronically via our official website www.missnepalus.com
Furthermore, in an effort to strengthen the Nepalese-American Youth relationship, to give opportunities to those who want to help Nepal, and/or have elaborately formulated relief effort concepts to support the Nepal earthquake victims, this year we are also opening our platform to the American females of all races, ages 19-29, where they will be competing for the exclusive sub-title of Miss Nepal US – Ambassador.
Application Eligibility Criteria
- Age: 19 to 29. (Must be 19 and 29 at the time you submit your application)
- Status: Unmarried (Must be unmarried until the end of July 30, 2018)
- Must be leaving in USA and have eligible document to travel in & out of USA.
- Must be of good health and moral character.
- Must be interested to raise awareness of the current natural disaster occurring in Nepal.
- Must have previous leadership experience (school, college, community) and/or have a strong passion to develop leadership qualities.
- Must have the willpower to grow with, adapt to, and find balanced solutions to various challenges.
- Must submit application online at www.missnepalus.com and must pay non-refundable application fee.
Application Deadline: TBA
Short listed candidates based on their application will be contacted for first phase of the audition and they will have an option for skype/phone audition or live audition at convenient location set forth by the organizers. Based on following criteria, contestants will be selected though audition process.
Meet application eligibility criteria: 20%
Vision / Mission: 30%
Personality & Walk: 30%
Communication & Confidence: 20%
Total percent: 100%
Audition Date: TBA
Audition Venue: TBA/Skype
After the selection of contestants, the 10 best contestants will be chosen to compete at Grand Finale and the title of the 6th Miss Nepal US 2018. The 10 contestants will be chosen after a second round of Auditions based on the following criteria
First Audition: 50%
Merit – GPA, College Groups and Associations, Past work and/ or Concrete vision/project to support Nepal: 30%
Pre Judging – Q & A by the pre-judging committee: 20%
Audition Venue: TBA/Skype
IV. Workshop & Training
Come with your enthusiasm and spark; that is what we look for in our contestants. It is solely your attitude; intellectual vigor, independent spirit and your willingness to learn and grow that will set you apart from the rest and will eventually chart your way towards the title. Rest, our mentors will cast a magic spell on your personality and coach you into your success.
- All participants must come into the pageant with confidence, positive attitude, a willingness to learn rigorous routines in a short time, and their own unique stage presence.
- Basic runway walk knowledge & skill Training
- Training will take place over a course of 3 days and it will be focused on coaching sessions to prepare for grand finale by professional Choreographer and Trainers
- Special attention will not be given to each individual to help perfect walk.
- Participants will be required to learn multiple routines in the given time frame.
- Participants will be given a training schedule. All participants are required to comply with the times stated on the schedule or consequences will result in their final score.
- Participants are encouraged to work with one another to build and maintain a strong MISS NEPAL US network.
- Leadership Training – Building your Brand & Formal Etiquette
- How to network – Workshop followed by Networking Gala
- Indoor/Outdoor Photo-shoot
- Group excursion
Training & Workshop Date: TBA
Training & Workshop Fee (Sponsorship): TBA
IV. Talent Show
Each selected finalist have to show their talent during talent show organized before grand finale event. Organizer will inform about talent show in details at least one week prior to Grand Finale event.
V. Grand Finale & Crowning
Here is a chance for every aspiring young girl who has traveled to this ‘Land of opportunity’ to earn international fame and add wings to her dreams. Amid wide acclaim and new avenues of success, the winner will be a youth icon for the young generation and add glory to the Nepali community globally.
Grand Finale Event Segment & Finalist Performance: TBA
Basically, finalist will be performing on following segments:
- Cultural/Introduction Round
- Evening Gown/ Q &A Round
- Title Announcement & Crowning
Choreographer will make final decision and above format subjected to change any time depend up on various situation and need. Each finalist will be provide details about different segment of performance one week prior to training & workshop start.
We aim at identifying talented young women who can uphold our national pride in United States and around the world. We pride ourselves in the fact that our judging criteria for the Miss Nepal US are grounded on our search for an inner beauty which the participants shall display through their intelligence and meritorious conduct throughout the competition. Hence, participants are not required to expose their body in swimsuits. In fact, we have intentionally abandoned such need for the pageant. The finalist will show their brain and beauty in this particular day. The winner for the this beauty pageant will be chosen based on following judging criteria:
- Ability to bring personality to routines.
- Overall attitude, discipline and performance during Training & workshop
- Stage presence during grand finale – confidence, poise, grace
- Leadership Quality – Vision/goal of how you will contribute to this year’s theme of “…”
- Communication – ability to answer questions with own perspective and vision.
The grand finale event shall be graced by members of jury, celebrities and dignitaries who have achieved eminence in their life along with spectacular performances and cuisine to perk us all up.
Grand Finale: Date & Venue: August 19, 2018. Dallas, Texas, USA